8:56 pm

Waikiki Hawaii

I’ve always wanted to go Hawaii. I guess my first impressions about Hawaii, stemmed from my favorite TV show - Hawaii Five 0. I waited a long time for my dream to visit Hawaii to come true.


My journey to Hawaii starts with Delta Airline. It was my first time to travel with Delta. I was pleased to find they have very good customer service - unlike PAL. There were no problems with our flight and we were able to leave on time, also unlike PAL (Plan Always Late).


When I got to Hawaii the first thing I noticed is the smell of the air. It certainly smells good and fresh, with just a hint of the many flowers which abound. Like the air, the water in Hawaii is crystal clear. They are so many fit people jogging along the beach while others are surfing, biking and engaged in many other forms of athletic endeavor. At night there are Hawaiian cultural shows that you can watch, not to mention mimes, portrait artists, and various other entertainers. We like to go out in the evening just to see the beautifully lighted landscapes; water falls various night decorations and varied architectures on the streets of Waikiki.


The next day we took a tour to Pearl Harbor to see the famous “bookends” of the U.S.S. Arizona and U.S.S. Missouri. Before boarding a small boat to the Arizona Memorial, our tour group watched a 15-minute show about the battle that took place at Pearl Harbor on the morning of December 7, 1941. After watching the very interesting history of the seek attack on America’s fleet at Pearl Harbor, I noticed that many of the tourists got teary eyes - including me. It was very interested to learn why so many people sailors became trapped when the U.S.S Arizona exploded and sunk. I didn’t know that they were sleeping during the attack because their ship’s band won second place in the battle of the bands that took place on Saturday night the 6th of December. As their prize, all of the Arizona’s men allowed to sleep until ten the next morning. Thus, the men were asleep in their bunks when the air attack began.

After seeing the U.S.S Arizona Memorial, the tour bus took us to the U.S.S. Missouri or “Big MO” as it is also called. I was so amazed how big she is - it’s gigantic! It was very interesting to see the inside of U.S.S Missouri and learn about the history of the 63rd and final battleship built in America. The tour lasted about hours and included a tour around Honolulu as well as Pearl Harbor.




I loved my trip in Hawaii. It was a “dream come true” for me. They are so many things and places to see in Hawaii, I only wish I could have stayed longer. It was so beautiful and I wish I can do it again.



0 comments:

Post a Comment