7:55 pm

Sur Beach Resort Boracay





This is my report of my second trip to Boracay in 2013. I made this visit to the island of Boracay with my friend Markie. Our trip was initially quite tiring because we were not able to get a flight from Manila to Caticlan. We forced to take the route to Boracay through Kalibo. Once we arrived at the Kalibo airport we took a bus for the two hour journey to Caticlan that seemed to take forever. I guess I can’t the blame the bus driver for going so slowly considering the Kalibo-Caticlan road is very curvy. We were exhausted the time we finally get to our hotel on the island of Boracay. So, if you are planning to visit the island of Boracay, I suggest do not go there unless you can get a direct flight to Caticlan. It is not that bad of a trip if you go directly to Caticlan airport. Once you get to Caticlan, the boat ride to Boracay will only take ten minutes to get to the island port. From the port to your hotel will take another fifteen to twenty minutes. I suggest if you are traveling on a budget and just want to book all of your transportation yourself, book your transportation through Southwest Boracay Transportation Company. http://www.southwesttoursboracay.com



On this visit to Boracay I had a great adventure. My friend and I really enjoyed something called helmet diving. You simply wear an unpressurized helmet that has a tube in it that brings fresh air into your helmet from a boat on the surface of the water above you. It is a very inexpensive package for 400 pesos per person that includes underwater pictures and a video of your dive. It was pretty cool when I was able to actually touch the live fish with my hand. If you don’t have your scuba diving license, helmet diving is the way to do it.



We stayed in Station 1 at Sur Beach Resort. On the first and the second night of our stay in the island, we walked along the beach going to station 2 and 3. We stopped and watched many tourists singing and dancing along the beach.





I always woke up early in the morning so I could run or walk along the beach bare foot for at least half an hour. I like to get my exercise very early in the morning because the beach gets crowded later in the day and to avoid the hot sun. In sum, this trip to Boracay was great, largely because I enjoyed helmet diving for the first time.



Sur Beach Resort Boracay
Website: www.surboracay.com
Contact: +63 36 288 6844


0 comments:

Post a Comment